- To be your one stop resource for food, nutrition, and labeling expertise at a total value for your business.
- To make food labeling and nutrition analysis simple, accurate, compliant, reliable, affordable, and timely.
Melissa Miller RDN, LN, founder, and CEO of FLNS worked in the food industry for over six years as the head of nutrition and FDA regulated labeling for a nationwide bakery and café franchise. She earned front line industry experience as she managed nutrition analysis, labeling regulations, nutrition marketing, label printing software and stock, label printers, food safety, and assisted in R&D for the company as well as it’s over 230 unique and individually owned businesses. This made her aware of how crucial it was to have someone knowledgeable in the intricacies of calculating nutrition as well as the complex and evolving federal labeling regulations when running a food related business. Having a passion for small business and understanding what a hurdle nutrition and product labeling could be, she developed Food Label and Nutrition Services, LLC to provide an “as needed” Corporate Dietitian and Labeling Specialist for food businesses, restaurants, food bloggers, recipe developers, cookbook authors, and other food, beverage, and nutrition enthusiasts. FLNS is available whether you have a quick question regarding labeling requirements or you need more customized assistance such as the development of a nutrition facts panel and marketing opportunities for your product. Our goal is to utilize our nutrition and labeling know-how to fill whatever need your company may have. We want to give all businesses the edge of accurate nutrition and confidence in label compliance.
Certifications and Training
- Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Labeling of FDA Regulated Food Products, AIB International
- Specializations: Advanced Labeling of FDA Regulated Foods, AIB International
- ESHA Genesis Labeling and Calculations, ESHA Research
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager, National Restaurant Association
- Supermarket Business and Industry Skills, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutritional Counseling, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Culinary Professional Group